Saturday, January 10, 2015

A PHOTO A DAY: JANUARY


As mentioned in the January Goals post, I decided to keep things simple by having only a few small monthly goals, rather than committing to large projects.  I also discussed how I will be focusing on unfinished projects instead of committing to new ones as mentioned in the Unfinished Projects Take 1 post.

…And then I was browsing TDP forum and found Amanda’s inspiration sheet for a photo a day and I thought to myself, it won’t hurt.

Really? Are you committing to new projects?
MY ANSWER: YES.


This is because it will add a lot to something I have been aiming for: improving my photography skills. It will also help me unlock the ultimate answer to the question: what story can I tell today? Why not give it a try?

It won’t hurt because…
  • It is simple and easy – just snap and share on instagram daily,
  • Edit the photos and take the files to the local printing store weekly,
  • Save the photos to add to a 4x4 mini album.

DONE!

Another great advantage I see with this simple project is that I can use the photos I have taken to tell stories in solo layouts and I can also add them to my Project Life 2015. There will be lots of inspiration to explore our family stories, not to mention it’s such a short-time commitment.

IT ALLOWS ME TO SEE THINGS I WOULDN’T NORMALLY PAY ATTENTION TO
IF THERE WASN’T A PROMPT TO FOLLOW.

My goal is still the same because I am still focused on telling stories!  I can’t help but think of a story to tell when I see the photos I have taken or when I am in the process of taking them. Here are the first 7 prompts captured.

WEEK OF JANUARY 1 TO 7

New: Something totally new for us is spending the New Year’s Eve in a calm and peaceful place with new friends and their family. We used to go to the beach with friends and get drunk and have so much fun. This year was fun for us in an entirely new way.

Natural: We are growing a little spice garden and I’m so glad we are doing it. I want to add more variety to it.

Routine: We’ve never really had a routine at home. It is good in some ways and bad in others. When I read the word routine, all of your photos of coffee popped into my mind and I couldn’t help capturing the fact that I don’t drink coffee, tea or any other beverage in the morning. When I say “your“ I am referring to Americans, you Americans sure do love your coffee – hehe

Throwback: This was tricky at first. I browsed through throwback on Pinterest to understand the idea behind the word - as English is not my mother tongue, some words get me confused – after figuring it out, I quickly remembered my daughter’s colored pens we recently bought. They remind me old times at school.

Blue: Colors put a question mark in my face. Finding a blue object is easy; finding a blue object that connects to me or my family and tells our story is another thing. Well, I was lucky enough to find lots of blue things on my first day of exercise outdoors. Here’s for a great story to tell.

Change: I am not used to having oranges; in fact I am not used to having fruits everyday (shame on me!). I like fruits – I am just not used to having them. Oranges are not my favorite at all.  However, I do like the juice. So, on this day my little daughter who is crazy about fruits offered me an orange and I accepted it for the sake of change.

Morning: When I wake up I usually go outdoors to say “Good Morning” to my dog and then I looked at the sky. I love when it’s that blue!


QUESTION FOR YOU
Do you like photography projects? Do you have any photography project in progress? Share a link to your photos or posts in the comments, I'll love to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment